Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 15 ~ Halloween!

Day 15, Halloween, sure to make you want to SCREAM!

It was an insanely early day for us on Halloween. We were up a little after 5am, and out the door by 5:50am. Ty's game was far away, but oh was it worth it.
On the opening kickoff of the game Ty caught the ball, was hit while in the air but landed on his feet, and then that boy ran. Ty ran just about 60 yards, dodging the opposing team, and then he had his break away and kids were running behind him, trying to grab him. I was screaming "Go, Ty! RUN RUN RUN!!!" He never looked back, not even once. Most of the kids would dive and fall trying to get him, but there was one that was just out of arm's reach... until he dove and fell. It was all Ty after that. He scored a touch down. His team was screaming and jumping up and down, the kids all ran around him patting his helmet, congratulating him.
I cried.
Thankfully, I was only standing next to one other mom, and I told her, I was going to cry. I had sunglasses on, so no one else could see.
I'm not sure why I cried. I think I was just so filled with happiness and pride for him. It was his first touchdown ever. His first six points. It was a big day.
The kids went on to win 32-6. This was their last game of the season, and only their second win. Needless to say it has been a long season, but to end on such a high note made it so much sweeter.

When we got home, I gathered all the Halloween stuff up in a bag to bring to my mom's house. We had Sunday Spaghetti with my mom and grandmother, we played with Halloween stuff, dressed up in funny wigs and masks and teeth. We had fun!

The kids finally could not wait a second longer, so we got them dressed and made up (well my mom did all of their make up) and ready to go.

So here are the 2010 Halloween costumes:
Ty as Jason

Nate as a vampire
Brody as a cowboy
Keira as Raggedy Ann
No themes this year, but man are they cute/scary!

My kiddos

I had to add in these cute ones of Keira with her "kitty cat candy bag". She carried this bag all night, and we were out for almost two hours! She refused to let me help her hold it, even though it was so heavy.

My little cowboy! I love getting kisses from my Brody.

My vampire Nate, who I think enjoyed Halloween to the extreme this year!
Fighting off Jason. Don't worry world, I'll keep you safe.

Check out

Halloween 2009

Halloween 2008


I hope everyone enjoyed Halloween with their families, friends, or just enjoying the Pats game, or handing out candy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com