Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Swimming in the Season



This weekend we soaked up some more of the picturesque New England autumn. We hopped from sporting event to sporting event. We played, we laughed, and we enjoyed life.

On this extra day long weekend (thank you Mr. Columbus) we headed to our annual spot, Parker's Maple Barn in Mason, NH. As I am sure I have mentioned in years past, it is delicious food in a gorgeous atmosphere. Check out some old memories here and here (and how we've all changed and grown) over the past two years.The kids enjoyed warm maple donuts.



I plotted my escape.
The kids played on old farm equipment.




We explored.



We played checkers.

We took a lot of pictures.


And we waited for our name to be called... for two hours. That made for some pretty hungry kids, and some worn out moms.
This trip is cherished every year for so many reasons. These gorgeous places in the world should be celebrated.

We stopped here for some pumpkins.
And a short wagon ride for the babies while the older boys relaxed their full bellies watching The Mighty Ducks in the car.



We then made our way back to GMa's house for a little while.


It was another great, packed to the brim, bursting at the seams day. I had woken up, and by that I mean I had finally given up on sleep for the umpteenth night in a row, thanks to the steroids I am taking for a serious nagging case of poison ivy, and made it to the grocery store before it opened. I did my shopping for the week, came home unloaded and put everything away and threw some ingredients in my crock pot for an out of this world crab and corn bisque. Then off we went sometime before 9. And sure I came home at the same time as Nathan that evening (he was working all day) and the dishes were still in the sink, and the laundry was overflowing, and the house was in serious disarray, but it was all worth it. Life is made for living, and that is what really matters. The living.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com