Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 25 and 26

Boo.

Go ahead.

I know, these combined posts are getting old.

BUT in my defense, when I started this journey I said I wanted to soak up life, and well, my only explanation for why I haven't written a daily post is I have been doing EXACTLY that.

So please go easy on me. I swear I have been going non stop.

Day 25. Whoa. It kicked my butt. I have had a bit of a random surge in auditions (yes, I said auditions. I am slowly creeping my way back into "the biz.")
I actually had one on day 24. It is a funny story I will save for a day when I have not so much to talk about. I promise. Remind me if I forget.

Anyway, I got up before the sun on Day 25, cleaned the house, made my hair look nice (it's a job in itself kids!), got the kids up and ready, took Ty to school early for student council (how cute is it that he is on the student council?!?! He is on the "spirit committee", and yes I will make side notes on most things, because even though I've tried, I can't shorten things too much. It just isn't me.), got Nate in the bus, brought my two babies to my grandma's house, headed into Boston for an audition for a t.v. show (it was fun, the casting director seemed to like me), drove back to get my two babies, made it home with two minutes to spare before Nate came home, changed into different clothes for audition numero dos, had my amazing friend come over to watch the kids, read off a teleprompter (for the first time EVER! Scary, but so cool!) did really well (but totally outside of what I am used to doing) flied home, picked up Ty early from school, went to my mom's work to drop off the kids with her, drove back into Boston (this time with Nate, who was auditioning for the same t.v. show I did,), drove to my mom's house, had dinner with my family, made it home by 7, Nathan came home shortly after with his brother, and brother's girlfriend, and we all hung out until 10/1030. Then, well can you guess what happened then?
I freaking crashed.
Big time.

With no school today, on Day 26, I was hoping to sleep in a bit, or even get up before the kids and do nothing but catch up on my DVR, which keeps threatening to erase my shows because I haven't watched them since September, but of course that was not the case.

What happened instead was planning my grocery list, a necessary bath after one child covered herself in marker and cracker and chocolate milk, and another had, hmm a not very pretty accident due to an upset stomach. I followed that up with two full hours of grocery shopping. And up next? more raking!
But we'll all be outside, and I will feel accomplished, and the kids will love me for giving them huge piles to jump in.

Maybe I'll jump in too.

Just once.

Because you are never too old to do a cannonball in a huge pile of leaves.

A very special thank you to all the veteran's past and present.
I am so grateful for your service, bravery, and selflessness.
Thank you for keeping us all safe.
Happy Veteran's Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com