Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 38

Oh Day 38. You have been a true blessing.

This morning I rushed out to Nate's parent teacher conference with his kindergarten teacher. His school reformatted report cards this year, and there are no longer comment sections for the teachers to write things, so his teacher wrote and printed out her own comment sheet for us to keep. Here is what Nate's said:

Nathan, Kindergarten Comments
November 2010

Nate has a warm and pleasant personality. He is a joy! He always comes with a smile and positive attitude. Nate puts wonderful effort into each assignment. He is a remarkable young man. He brightens our every day! Nate is a treasure to both his classmates and teachers! We look forward to seeing him each day.


I literally do not think it could be any better than that. In the craziness of having both Brody and Keira with me for the fifteen minute conference, I barely got anxiety that they were dumping crayons (we were in the art room), riding on some large stuffed dinosaur, crawling under tables and trying to dump various bins on the floor. I didn't get a chance to sit down, and most of the papers the teacher did not get a chance to fully go over with me, but did any of that matter?

Did you read the teacher's comments?

Nope. Didn't matter a lick.

After the conference I had a teeny bit of time to run to the store before picking Nate up from school. I used the time to make a Target run, because , I have long said Target's brand of PMS type medicine, should be named happy pills, and I was in need of some happy pills. Maybe it is the caffeine in the pills, but there is something that makes me feel just plain happy and wonderful. I know, scary right? Does anyone else have an obsession with these pills? (I swear I only take them when I am feeling gross and bloated and cranky and tired due to "women trouble.")

Anyway, next up was Brody's three year checkup. Brody is as healthy as can be. He is 38" tall and 33.5lbs. He rests just above the 50th percentile. Brody got one shot, with not one tear shed, or even a whimper.

What else has made this day stellar? My friend handed down some super cute shoes.
AND I was able to get some random errands done that I have not had time for in the past couple of weeks.

Oh, and it is Taco Tuesday, which is always a great day here in my house.

I am grateful for today.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com