Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Days 36 and 37

After a very emotional, and tough couple of days, Nathan and I made the decision to stay in on Sunday. We had been going non stop, trucking the kids from place to place, and we were due for some much needed time together.
I'm glad we did that. It was a good choice. Sometimes there is nothing better than staying in the house, and being together to regroup.

With the short school week, the kids had no problem getting going for school on Monday (thankfully), and I was able to get a good amount of housework done.

I wish I could say there was something more exciting that happened. There wasn't. I have been utterly exhausted. I have been emotionally eating my heart out. I have been super sensitive. I have my period. (Sorry Dad.)

With my own craziness aside, I am so grateful for all of the help we had this weekend with the children. To those who helped out, you know who you are, your selflessness and courage (because it takes one courageous person to step up to watching all of my kids) means so very much to me. To not have to worry about how they were doing during the services is worth its weight in gold.
Thank you.

To the family and friends who were so supportive, offering kind words, condolences, sending cards, and special gifts, thank you. Support is crucial, and I am blown away by the love and kindness that came our way.
To the few who called and checked in this whole time, to you brave women who spent countless time through the past six weeks being everything a friend could and should be and more, for being my shoulder to cry on, to you I want to say, I will never forget this.
Seeing Sharon's best friends, watching them take part in her funeral service, was one of the most touching things I witnessed. I watched her friends prepare her house, step up to be the hostesses in their friend's absence, and clean everything so Bob wouldn't have to worry about any of it. I couldn't help but think of my friends the whole time I observed them. My heart ached for them, for their loss of a best friend. SO again, to my friends, who were so supportive this whole time, thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com