Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 45

I had a wonderful run this morning. I did not procrastinate on getting ready.

Did you hear that?

Listen closely...

That would be me patting myself on the back.

I am almost done with the laundry, which seems like it is multiplying at a particularly fast rate the past few days. I needed to just tackle it and be done with it.

Today is Taco Tuesday in my house, which is by far the family's favorite dinner of the week. Pizza Fridays come in a solid, but distant second.

Can I really feel so much more energized and happy from just these two days I have jumped back in to my exercise routine? Again, I am looking deep into myself and wondering why I convinced myself for so long to put it off.

Both Brody and Keira fell fast asleep on today's run. It got me thinking.

About what, you ask?

Oh, I was just about to tell you!

I am thinking that I may just try to go around the lake twice on Thursday. If the kids are sleeping, they'll never notice, so why not???

I'm sure I won't be able to run the whole almost seven miles. I am more than sure about that, but why not try? What's the worst that can happen? I walk instead of run? Hold me to it friends.

I have been so grateful to fall in love with running. It made me think about the things that help us as parents release our stress. Sometimes a hot bath and a good book at the end of the day can help me too. What do you do? As parents I think it is so important to have a release, and I would love to know what yours is. Even if you are not a parent, every person needs that one thing they can go to to regroup, right?

Tell me! I'd love to hear from you.

Or just let me know I am not talking to myself with these posts, because pretty soon I may feel like that crazy lady you see walking down the street muttering to herself.

:)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Nic- I took a long, hot bath tonight with a John Grisham book. And it was only 6:00! Yes, it was that kind of day. Thankfully, Thom cleaned the kitchen and entertained the kids before "Rudolph". I have also started running recently, but have far to go! Thinking of you during these past few weeks! Take care. Lori Thornton

Nicole said...

Lori
Running is FANTASTIC, it has opened so many doors for me. Thank you so much for your kind words!
Love
Nicole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com