Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 100!!!

ONE HUNDRED DAYS.

It has been one hundred days since I made the decision to appreciate, soak up, and not take a moment of this one life for granted. 

Let's wrap our heads around that.

One hundred days.

In elementary school there is usually a celebration for day 100.

I remember making a poster board with Ty when he was in kindergarten.  We had to cover it with groups of 100 things.  We did things like 100 paper clips, 100 cotton balls, 100 erasers, 100 stickers.

100 is a big deal.

100 should be celebrated.


Today, the kids and I faced yet another day of being indoors by creating a fort and having tea parties in there and reading books and snuggling under blankets.

Today we also got word of an exciting opportunity for my family.  It is completely random, once in a lifetime experience, and (sorry for this next part) not in the least bit definite, but I should know more within the next few weeks.  I will share regardless of how it turns out, but if you have read this blog long enough, you know how superstitious I can be about this stuff. 
Good thoughts appreciated.

Today was rough towards the end.  My frustration levels were high, and bed time was feeling like it would never come.  Nathan worked extra late, Ty had basketball, which meant I lugged the kids in the snow to and from basketball practice, and I ended up almost crashing into a snow bank.  When Nathan got home he told me he'd get Keira to bed so I could go to the gym for a quick run, and he also gave me money to pick up a bottle of wine.
When I walked in the door, the shower was running for me, and when I got out of the shower, a big ol' glass of wine was poured.  It was a terrific way to wrap up the day.

Day 100.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com