Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 87

2nd day of no school.

Today we went sledding.

Okay, today, we trekked through snow that was way past my knees to attempt to sled.  Brody went down once, and Keira never really did because the wind was so strong that it was stinging their poor little faces and they both just wanted to go home.  They last about 45 minutes before I hauled in Ty and Nate.

We came home and played out in our yard though, which the wind seemed to avoid.

Good thing I joined the gym again, because something about being snowed in as triggered an instinct to cook and cook and bake and cook and then bake some more.

Seriously.

Yesterday I whipped up a massive batch of blueberry pancakes, (with the biggest, juiciest blueberries I have ever had), then as soon as I cleaned up after breakfast I was on the making pig cake (I made it at 8am because it needs to chill several hours), for lunch it was gourmet ham and cheese for the kids, and for dinner a ridiculously good new recipe, Mushroom and Marsala Pappardelle.  It has portobello and porcini mushrooms with kale (which I had never made before, but the kids loved it and so did I) and this marsala and cream sauce, and man it was good... can you tell I liked it?
Today I woke up and made cinnamon rolls for the kids, which is usually only a Christmas morning thing in my house, and then the kids and I made a batch of M&M cookies and now I'm on to Grammy's Chicken.
Seriously.  Gym tomorrow morning.  I'm going to have to kill myself there to work all this snowstorm food off.  I will most likely look ridiculous because my arms already feel like they are going to fall off at any moment from the crazy amount of shoveling I've done.

I just thought I should confess all this.  Does being snowed in make anyone else cook and bake like this?
I have made so much food I gave my neighbors copious amounts of tupperware filled containers last night.

I am a strange one, huh?

Pray for me,

Your gluttonous friend Nicole.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com