Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 157

Oh there been times that I thought I couldn't last for long
But now I thinkI'm able to carry on
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will

~Sam Cooke

I've been talking about that inner restlessness a lot lately.  It is what makes us randomly purge our lives of clutter, clean out our closets, yearn for the change of season, for something new.

Change is good.  It is welcomed in my life.
This persistent, sometimes haunting feeling of need for a change has made me not only want to re-decorate, try new meals (instead of the same boring ones we use every week), dip into spring/summer clothes, change my hair, but it has also made me want to change my health routine.

I always feel that after a number of weeks, I plateau in my fitness life.  I also know that I need to be more aware of what I am putting in my body.  I want more than anything to always set an example for my kids when it comes to eating healthy foods.  I know if they see me eat junk, they will want junk.  If they see me eat healthy food, they will eat healthy food.

I researched a lot, and carefully made my grocery and meal list for the week.

I do this not to starve myself (because I am far from doing that), or restrict myself (because that is no fun), but to make lifestyle changes that will benefit me in so many ways, and give me the energy to continue to be the best I can be for my kids.

To me change means improvement.

So in the spirit of change consider this:

 BEFORE:



AFTER:
Thoughts?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com