Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Days 155 and 156

Tuesday I spent the day in preparation.  I received a short monologue recently, to memorize and read for an audition Wednesday, for a very big movie, with some very big name actors. 
Although I had memorized it, I was working out the nuances of the character, and her attitude, and personality.  It was very tongue in cheek, dark, somewhat bad humor.  Anyway, so I spent the day rehearsing, and stressing, and being anxious. 

But by the end of the day, I was feeling ready.
I had practiced walking around in super high shoes all day.  My legs and butt were sore from that alone, somewhat of a bonus.  I know that seems extreme, but the shoes are basically stilts.  I feel like I am on my tippy toes in the them.  But they are cute, and they were very appropriate for the character (think Joy from My Name is Earl.)

Shoes:



I woke up bright and early for a good workout this morning.  I switched things up a bit, which always feels good.  When I got home it was 630 in the morning, but it felt like I was rushed to make it out the door by 930.  Three hours went by in a blink, and I was off to my agency.  It was a good audition, but my casting director believes the part will more than likely be cast out of L.A., the single most frustrating thing you can hear as a local actor. 

For once though, I left the audition completely calm and resigned to the motto "whatever is meant to happen, will happen."

I said a little prayer on my way into my audition today.  I prayed that I could be confidant and secure no matter what.  It is hard going in so many times, and putting yourself out there, only to be told you are too tall, too short, too skinny, too fat, too pretty, too whatever.  It is hard not to take that personally.

That is why I prayed.  I want to always love acting, and never get caught up in the downfalls.

Today, I was rewarded for that.  An exciting opportunity that I believed had passed us by, returned full force into our lives.  I am unfortunately not able to talk about it right now, but I will as soon as possible.

And if this new thing falls through, there will be something else that comes up, because that is the business.

For the rest of the day, I soaked up my kids.  It felt good too.  We giggled and played, and it was perfect.


See this boy?  The one who now only wears shorts, who is wearing a football jersey backwards, and has his shirt tucked in, and his shorts hiked up high.  He is so funny, and I am in love with him, and all his funny quirks.


The End.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com