Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Days 161 and 162

Mother Nature may not be on the same wavelength as the rest of us in New England, but I for one refuse to let her stop me from taking the kids out and enjoying life.

It is warmer in the sun, after all.

After a good cleaning (and if it seems like I am always cleaning, it is because I am.  You'd have to see the messes my kids can create to believe it.) I bundled up the kids and went out for a good walk with one of my dearest friends who is going through a really rough time.

Friendship is good for the soul.



Once we got home, I did a quick pick up and then went back out to play in the yard with the kids.  Nathan came home from work and joined us.  I love watching him play catch and basketball, and pushing the kids on the swings.

We stayed out until the sun was setting and the even colder air was moving in.

It made me even more excited (if that is possible) for warm summer nights, for firepits and melted marshmellows, for that played in the sun all day exhaustion, where you just feel like you've lived, and your body knows it too.

That inner longing has even made me want to find a bike, and go for bike rides with the kids around a local reservation.

I also want to pack picnic dinners and head to the beach and enjoy the last moments of sun, and watch the waves dance under the moonlight.

I have big plans for this spring/summer.

I am grouping those together because I truly believe we are going to go from the current mid 40's weather, to sunny, hot 80 degree weather.

It may just be a while before we see that.  This is why it will be all the more enjoyable.

After playing outside yesterday, Nathan and I made dinner, and I got the kids in bed, then headed out for a quick workout.

This morning I am very aware of my muscles, but in a good way.  I ache in a way that makes me want to do more.

I have procrastinated on getting the last few things done, and now I have just about an hour to do so.  I already decided to go for a long walk and get the two messiest mess makers out of the house as much as possible.

My inner need to control is taking over, and I am trying to not let that need get out of hand.  I figure relaxation is the key, and just letting all the anxiety fly out and let whatever may happen, happen.


Keira soaking up some life.

1 comment:

Deer Drifter said...

yes! summer! it rained a lot here for a while so sun is very welcomed now. we got a great beach day today 80 degrees, and that sunny glow on our skin... it'll be there b4 u know it nicole! feels so good when it hits! :) yay for fires and marshmallows!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com