Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dear Keira On Your Second Birthday

Happy Birthday to my sweet little girl!

Keira, I sit here and am honestly blown away that two years have gone by so quickly.  It seems like yesterday when you made your way into this world.  You were a perfect baby.  And it equally seems like yesterday when I was celebrating your first birthday, and wondering how that first year slipped by in fast forward.  Now you are two.  I feel like if I go to sleep, I may wake up and find you are 18.

In the past year you have grown from my precious, sweet baby into a cherished, fun, wonderful little girl.  You have mastered walking and running and climbing and jumping, dancing and singing and talking, and even scolding your brothers when you think they have done something wrong.  (That is probably a trait they wish you did not do just yet, or ever.)

You want to do everything your brothers can do.  If they are playing baseball, or basketball, you need to play too, only you want to do it in your princess shoes, carrying your purse, and holding your baby.  I love watching the way your brothers play so carefully with you.  They cheer you on and clap for you.  It makes my heart fill with joy to watch these interactions.

Your personality has come into full force this past year.  You are loving, and caring.  When one of your brothers gets hurt, you gently rub their back or face and ask if they are okay.  You wake up  and go to bed making sure you hug and kiss each member of our family, including the Bella and Liberty.
You are funny.  You like to do silly dances when you are happy, wiggling your bum and laughing.  You make silly faces and change your voice.  You like to have an audience.
You are empathetic.  If you see someone sad, you immediately feel sad, and tell me in a sad voice that the other person is upset.  You get particularly upset if you see a photo of you crying from when you were a baby.  You tell me stories about why you were sad, and they are always different and extravagant.  Those make me giggle.
You are curious and daring.  You want to try everything for yourself, and want to conquer whatever the task may be.  You are not afraid to do something new.  You have a determined spirit that wants to see every task through, always finishing what you started.
Keira, at two years old, you love to color.  You could color for hours.  You love to read books.  Princess or horse themed books are your favorite, but you are happy with any book.  You love to snuggle up under a blanket with a good book.  I look forward to someday relaxing on a beach with you, reading books together.  You absolutely must have your nails painted at all times.  If your nails are bare, you will run up to me exclaiming "uh-oh!!" and then you will run, grab some nail polish and force me to stop what I am doing and paint them.  Then you blow on your nails and wave your hands in the air.  (I told you that you are funny.)  And lately, thank the lord, you are in love with having your hair played with and braided and brushed.

You are still a little peanut.  Sometimes your dad and I wonder about how tall you will be.  You will undoubtedly have towering older brothers (much to your dad's delight), but we think you will remain our teeny tiny girl.  Only time will tell, right?

Speaking of your dad, oh Keira, to see you with him is just about the best thing in the world.  You love your dad more than anything.  And in return, you are the twinkle in his eye. 

Keira I could go on and on about you.  You are my baby girl, and always will be.  You are the princess in the family.  I can not imagine what our lives would be like without you.  You add such a wonderful dynamic to our family.  You have so many people who love you so very much.
I am pretty emotional about you turning two.  I get sad that you are growing up.  I know that this next year you will grow and mature even more.  I love the little person that you are, and are ever becoming.  I am so excited and honored to see you grow and experience and live your life.  I am so thankful I am your mother.  You are truly a gift to this world, Keira.

I love you more than words could ever say, Keira.  I hope you have a very happy second birthday.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com