Sunday, November 16, 2008

Brody's First Party

Despite the fact that the day prior to, the day of, and today as I am writing this I have been struck with another bout of severe nausea, I somehow managed to get things ready, and have fun at Brody's party. Before I start, I need to say a special thank you to Meryl, Nathan's sister, who helped out so much... came early to help set up, picked up the cake for me (Nathan ran late at work) amongst other things... she was a life saver!

I got Brody to take a 2 hour nap, so he was thankfully wide awake and happy when everyone arrived, and surprisingly didn't get overwhelmed by all the people like he usually does. Once most of the guests arrived we "opened presents" and by that I mean, I opened them after Brody was distracted by the first one and ran off to play. Thank you everyone for all the gifts! He really has been going from one to the other since the party and has been enjoying everything so much! His brothers, namely Nate has been enjoying everything too... maybe a little too much, so we've had to remind him quite a few times that it was Brody's birthday, not his.

After presents, we did cake, and before I had even put Brody's cake on his highchair, he was reaching up and trying to get it. I had barely put it down when he grabbed a chunk, and it was all over after that. Brody DESTROYED the cake. See the pictures below.

Thanks to everyone who helped me clean up, to Jeff for video taping the party, Meryl again for taking pictures, and everyone for coming and making his first birthday party special.

Oh and a special thank you for all his "birthday wishes" for Brody's wish box. I'm sure when he's older he will be so grateful for all the nice things wished for him in his life.

Once everyone left, I got the house back in order and Nathan took the trash out for me, so despite feeling pretty yucky, I can relax a bit, and hopefully take a nice long nap with Brody today.















Oh and here is a surprise gift from Victoria...

... the first outfit!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com