Thursday, January 29, 2009

A New Start

"Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids."
Sam Levenson


This morning I had my dr appointment. It has been, as I have stated before, 6 weeks since my last appointment. I had to take the dreaded glucose test. For those who have never had to take one, you drink what I can only describe as an orange soda-type drink, but it would be orange soda mixed with an additional ten cups of sugar. It is so sweet it is bitter. After taking them each pregnancy, I have learned to chug it as fast as I possibly can to get it over with. I still feel nauseous from it.
I had my biggest weight gain from my last appointment to this one. I gained 8 lbs!!! (Remember this is in 6 weeks.) It brought my weight gain total to 14lbs, so all in all, it wasn't too bad. I tend to gain all of my weight during this time period, but slow down again drastically by 8 months. I'm measuring right where I should be. The baby's head, she believes is up right now, but they don't get too concerned about that until the 34 week mark. Babies can still move around until then, and if she is stubborn and does not, there are some methods to try and move her. Her Heartbeat was just over 150, and everything looks great!
My next appointment is in 2 weeks for the start of my EIGHTH MONTH.
Brody was again, up before the sun. I am getting used to just rolling myself out of bed and getting up when I hear him. It doesn't take so long for me to adjust anymore. If my body can calm down enough from the sugar high I will hopefully get to take a sugar induced coma-style nap with Brody in a half hour or so.
I sent Ty out this morning all ready to go at 8, (he waits on the porch, I didn't send him out in the cold), and when the bus still hadn't come 10 minutes later I realized I didn't even think to look if they had a school delay. Of course they did. I felt horrible and apologized to Ty for the next 10 minutes before I left all three boys at home with Nathan to go to my appointment. Nathan survived. He is rarely, and I mean VERY rarely at home with all three boys awake. I am grateful for the alone time at the doctors though.
Nate told Nathan and I that he hated us last night because he had to go to bed. His new thing is crying at bedtime every night. It's lots of fun. He's a night owl, and likes to sleep in every day. I can very easily see what I will be dealing with as he gets older. But I am sadly getting used to being hated every night by him. The other usual sayings thrown out there are
"I don't like this house anymore."
"I'm going to pack my stuff and live in the woods."
"This is my worst day ever."
"I wish I had a new family."
"No one here loves me because you make me go to sleep."
Yes they are horribly sad to read when written out like this, but within three minutes of a meltdown he is hugging us and telling us we are the best mommy and daddy in the whole world. We have come to just explain how those are not nice things, and they tell us how tired he is, and we know he doesn't mean them, and if they continue, he will have to lose a privilege. We by no means let him get away with saying them, but also know it's not out of anger.
All part of the joys of parenthood!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com