Friday, January 30, 2009

"A person soon learns how little he knows when a child begins to ask questions."
Richard L. Evans

My day was pretty uneventful yesterday, since my last post. I did get to take a nap. (Thank God!) Brody slept for EXACTLY 2 hours... to the minute. If you are wondering how I have been able to take these glorious afternoon naps, uninterrupted (for the most past), it is because Nathan has been working from 2 or 3pm until around 8pm. It works out well, because my mornings have been a whole heck of a lot easier, and I have the chance to nap with Brody if I want, and get up refreshed for part two of my day. By the time he gets home Brody is asleep, and the older boys are on their way to bed, and he and I can have a little bit of time together to relax before bed.
I didn't sleep all too well last night. The non-pregnant me likes to sleep on my stomach. Clearly this can not happen right now, and my second choice is on my back, again this can not happen right now. When I sleep on my side, on one time for too long, my hip hurts. This only happens at the end or close to the end of the pregnancy, but it is still really uncomfortable. That was bothering me last night, and heartburn, which as I have previously stated I never get normally. Nate is the only other baby I had it with. I'm thinking (and not so secretly hoping) that this means she will have hair. Nate had the most hair, and his grew pretty quickly, Ty only had a little landing strip of hair at the top of his head, and Brody, well he still barely has any.
Since I was pregnant with Ty, and through all of the other pregnancies, I have had dreams (not day dreams, but actual dreams) of having a girl, and in every single one she looks exactly the same. I never have dreams of her as a baby, usually they start when she is around 2. Regardless, in every dream she has the same bleach blond hair as the boys, and she has lots of curls. This is obviously a pretty good possibility. Ty had curly hair until I cut it, Nate still does have curly hair, and what little hair Brody has, curls. Nathan's is curly when long, and mine is very wavy. We'll see. I have just prayed that she has more hair than Brody. Let's be honest here, after three boys, what fun is it to have a girl when I can't do her hair???? (Yes, I'm joking, and I know this is a superficial comment, and I do not ACTUALLY care either way.) I didn't really start growing hair until I was two. Brody takes after me.
We are having a mini potluck dinner tonight with a few close friends. I am cherishing any time I can spend with adults. Besides the baby coming, April starts baseball and soccer, and back to essentially living via my kids' schedules. We have the month of July off only before football and travel soccer begin. My time with friends is greatly enjoyed and fully appreciated.
I'm going to end this entry now because I am having some pretty bad braxton hicks contractions and should be getting ready to run some errands. No nap today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com