Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Two Bad Backs

"The trouble with being a parent is that by the time you are experienced, you are unemployed."
Unknown

I am ready for bed. Now I just have to convince the kids that they are ready for bed as well. A few weeks ago Nathan threw out his back. He has been alternating icing it and applying heat, but it has finally reached it's peak and he had me call the doctor today to get him seen. He can barely move at the end of the day. Yesterday I was in the kitchen, leaning up against my counter, holding Brody and I (although not moving) slipped somehow, and my feet went out from underneath me. I managed to not smack the back of my head off the cabinets or counter, or fall on my butt, but I basically slid very harshly down a bit, scraping my back along the counter, and since I was holding Brody, I was much more concerned about dropping him or falling with him, so I must have twisted very quickly, because today, my back is throbbing. Brody woke up in his crib at 4:40am and I brought him into our bed, but he didn't get back to sleep until 6:45am, a very short 35 minutes before I get up in the morning to get Ty ready for school. I had to leave the house by 930 this morning to go birthday present shopping for three different parties, then rush to Nate's storytime at 11. After storytime we dashed back to the house so I could feed Nate and Brody lunch and get them in the car to wait for Ty to get off the bus (half day Wednesdays) so we could head out to Ty's friend's birthday party at Monster Mini Golf in Danvers. It is an indoor mini golf place that is all black lights and actually pretty cool. I figured since it was only a little less than two hours, I would hang around. Monkey Joe's, an indoor bouncy, jumpy place, was right next door, so I thought as a special treat for Nate, we'd go there during the party. Fifteen minutes later I regretted my decision. Brody would not stay in the big toddler jumpy thing and I was bending down, picking him up non stop for the next hour and a half. Brody loved it, but it was not something that exactly helped my back pain. Nate on the other hand was sweaty and made a friend very quickly, so I am very glad that he got the chance to have fun too. A side note, because Brody had eaten not too long before that, in his excitement, he leaned in to give me a kiss and threw up on my mouth. Yummy. At 3pm we headed back into Monster Mini Golf, only to find out they weren't even done golfing. I then held Brody for the next 45 minutes and tried to keep Nate entertained while we waited. As soon as I got in the car, I wanted to cry. I put Nathan's heating pad on my back and reluctantly got dinner ready and have gotten the kids ready for bed, and am now counting down the minutes (ten as of now) before I send them to bed and go to bed myself. I am going to try my hardest to stay awake for Lost, but something tells me I won't. Tomorrow is another day, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com