Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend 9/25-9/27

Nate's birthday weekend was busy as usual, but full of fun. Friday I went to his school with cupcakes and we sang happy birthday to him. He was very excited! We had lots of random errands, along with a 330 football practice Saturday, but we managed to make it fun and celebrated Nate's actual birthday.
On a side note, I am not putting Brody in the stroller anymore for errands/short trips (like the half hour or so we were at the football field.) I am trying to "train" him to be able to listen and stay close, and walk while holding my hand. It will make these little short errands so much easier in the long run for me if Brody is able to walk. Plus, although I don't judge others who choose to do this, but I am not one who likes my older kids in strollers. I think they should get the exercise from walking, and don't like them relying on being pushed around. I don't necessarily think it's babying the older kids, but maybe a mild form of it... again, just my opinion!
Sunday rained ALL day, so I left Brody and Nate at home with Nathan for Ty's football game. I had to bring Keira because she would need to eat during the 2 hours we were at the game. Ty's team won (28-6) AND the rain slowed to a faint sprinkle for most of the game, making it much more bearable. We came home an rearranged the house for the party, since it had to be an inside party. I became very grateful for the people that canceled at that point, because our house was FULL. Nate had such a great time, and I have to say, it is so encouraging to know how many people love Nate. This milestone birthday meant so much to Nathan and I, because of the bleak and worrisome beginning to Nate's life, and having family and friends here to celebrate with us just made it so much more special.
I will upload pictures soon from the party (I promise!)
On another note, Keira went back to the doc's today for her cough, which had become worse. She is now on her first antibiotic for an adenoid infection. Hopefully now things turn the corner.
We have a very busy week, which includes dentist appointments on Wednesday for all the boys! Yes, Brody's first one!!! I am a firm believer in making sure children aren't scared of the dentist, and also believe in making it a fun, exciting experience. My kids love going to the dentist, so hopefully I'm doing something right!!!
Thank you everyone who helped make this weekend everything it deserved to be. Thank you for making my Nate-o so happy and feel so loved. I am so grateful!!!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com