Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Knock on Wood

Ok internet, as soon as you read this email you are required to knock on wood so we won't be jinxed here. WE HAD A GOOD NIGHT. (Despite a 3:45am wake up call of Brody puking in our bed, and requiring a bath... the up chucking is due to bad coughing fits, we think, and as I write this I am thinking to myself, my idea of a good night is very warped.) Keira has not had diarrhea since yesterday after noon. Yes, I am now one of those moms that talks about her children's poop. Check out my last few posts. Poop, poop and more poop. In fact if you put 20 different dirty, poop filled diapers in front of me, I don't think I'd even cringe. I think I could pick my kid's poop out of the line up in 3.7 seconds. Yes, I am THAT in tune with their poop. Smells, textures, colors, I know it all, and I am not afraid to admit it!
Back to Keira's lack of poop, well we figure that is a HUGE start. Our new motto is not having diarrhea is better than having it at all! However this has so far meant nothing, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her little body is again binding itself and soon my posts will read, "Internet, we have normal poop!" and then we can all celebrate together. Let's spread the joy around, think of it as a conversation piece... "Did you hear Keira finally had normal poop?"
Keira had her nine month check up today, and we of course followed up on the bastard RSV. Her lungs sounded clear, with just residual upper respiratory junk lingering. Hallelujah!
She measured in at 27 1/.2" (No she did not grow an inch since the hospital... or maybe she did, but we're guessing they just measured wrong.) This was right at the 50th percentile. She weighed in at a whopping (not really) 16lbs 3 oz. (Hanging between the 5th and 10th percentiles.)
Here is the part where I sound pathetic, when my dear friend Dr Hoder told me I had to make her next appointment, I got upset because I realized that not only was this appointment her 12 month aka ONE YEAR appointment, but that it was only THREE months away. Hello?! Readers, WHY did no one prepare me for this? After her appointment I promptly called my mother and whined about this horrifying realization.
In other news I began the process of coloring my hair today. I was reminded by Auntie Kuckie (Kerrie's new name via Brody) that August was the last time I have done anything to my hair. If I admitted the last time I got a pedicure (before Keira was born) never mind a manicure (we're talking years) I'd be really giving you a good vision of where I stand looks wise.
Oh Internet, I must cut this short... we have poop (but I don't think it's the kind to make headlines just yet...

1 comment:

Deer Drifter said...

poop!!! i feel ya nic! it's become oh-so-interesting these days. good luck w/ her bowels! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com