Thursday, March 11, 2010

On a Different Note

As those of you who have been following me here know, My two year old Brody has gone through a lot with his ears and speech. He works with Early Intervention, and has made so much progress since October, when we first really buckled down and started tackling these issues. Within the past month though we have sensed he has been plateauing. It is hard to not get discouraged when he made so much progress and then it seems to just stop. I know we are doing everything for him that we can though, and I feel so confidant in the choices we made to enroll him in Early Intervention when we did and seek out Audiologists and ENTs. With that said, I had a long talk with Miss Jenn, who is Brody's E.I. teacher (she comes to our house once a week) and we discussed his progress. We also discussed the underlying issue as he has started saying more words, which is his tone is off. I'm sure most of you have heard someone speak who is hearing impaired. Although Brody is far from that, there is a very similar quality or likeness in the tone of Brody's voice. Nathan and I had a long talk about the fact that this may never change. As of now, the consensus from those treating Brody is that this is caused by his hearing loss. Somber news, but it could be worse. I am choosing to rejoice in my healthy boy, my funny bunny, my sweet, dear Brody and all his potential and all the possibilities for him.

1 comment:

Amiee said...

Hugs Nicole!! Its been my experience with EI and many of Kate's issues although very different than Brody's...is you take 5 steps forward and then one step back and that step back is SO discouraging. Hang in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com