Thursday, April 8, 2010

Looking back

As you may have noticed from some of my posts lately I have been looking back to last year (THAT is the reason I am so grateful for blogging, by the way) and I have been feeling very sentimental about Keira and pregnancy, and having an infant. I think this is one reason I have been throwing myself wholeheartedly into planning Keira's party. I want to celebrate the closing of the infancy stage, or baby stage of her life and welcome all the moments to come.
Here are some of my thoughts one year ago today, as I prepared for Keira's arrival.

"And as for my baby Keira... my little girl who I never in a million years thought I would have, to you I have to say I am still in fascination of your existence. I am going to ask your forgiveness now if I treat you like a doll and dress you up. Please understand for eight years I have not been able to do that for a girl and have only enviously glanced at "that" section of the clothing stores. Also, I apologize now it you do not like having your hair (please have SOME) played with, because if you don't, you have been cursed before birth with a mother who loves to experiment with hair. I love you so much already and despite you coming as quite a surprise, you are a beautiful, welcome surprise who will only increase the love in this family. You were always meant to be, and I believe that with all of my heart. I may not have always known that, but I believe it. You will have so many men, your father and brothers, who will always be around to protect and look after you, which I'm sure at times you may not appreciate, but I hope you know how lucky that makes you. You in turn will be able to teach your brothers so much about girls and add that soft edge that I'm sure they will need. Oh, and THANK YOU for being here so I am not the only female in this house. I look forward to being able to have someone to watch Disney Princess movies with. Your brothers have not enjoyed them when I have forced them to watch them with me in the past. I hope you know, even though I'm sure your father will be beyond over protective of you (he wanted your middle name to be Baby, so he had a reason to always call you his baby... your welcome for putting my foot down on that) that he is more excited than he can express about having a daughter. Even though I vetoed the middle name, you will truly always be his baby. Don't take advantage of that too much. I'm sure you will learn quickly to wrap him around your little finger, and I am also sure he will gladly let you do this. When we have dreamed of your arrival and your life with us, he has talked about how he looks forwards to taking you out on special dates. I love your father more for already developing a soft spot because of you. I can not wait to meet you! I can not wait to hold you, and see what you look like and who you look like. Nate says you will have his color hair, and his eyes. He also is hoping you are "special" like him and will have two different color eyes. Here it is, about 14 hours before I go into the hospital. If I can put a special request in, be easy on me. Please enjoy your last night in my body, but please be ready to check out in the morning. I am sending you good thoughts of a fast trip down the birth canal, so you hopefully won't have a conehead.. maybe Brody left some instructions somewhere in there about that, because despite how big he was, his head was perfectly round. It was pretty astonishing. Regardless, even if you decide to torture me and put my body through hell, I love you, and could not be happier."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com