Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Oh Mr Sun, Sun Mr Golden Sun...

Maybe I have seasonal depression disorder. Although I don't think I necessarily get depressed during the cold months, I am definitely significantly happier in the warm ones. I feel energized and renewed! I have the momentum to keep up with everything, sacrificing waking up early, or staying up later than usual to get housework and projects done just so I can soak up the sun and play with the kids during the day. Boy oh boy how quickly I forgot how much work it is to chase around a new mobile child, but on the flip side, it never ceases to fill my heart with more joy than seeing everything through a child's eyes. It is like Keira is experiencing things all over again at a new eye level. Yesterday, we spent a whole hour just blowing bubbles. Nothing else. My kids and I took turns blowing bubbles, sometimes chasing after them, sometimes, the cool bubbles that seemed to have tougher than possible skin, that wondered up in the sky, we would guess where they were going. Nate is convinced one bubble made it all the way to Mars. It was a rocket bubble.
It is the most wonderful thing to see the excitement in Brody's face when he first hears an airplane and it is just plain magical when he spots that plane and shrieks with delight and points it out to everyone.
I love watching the boys play together (does sunny weather really make them behave better too?) and listening to the games they come up with. Zombie tag is a big one right now.
Today I am looking forward to visiting the local "watering hole" and letting the kids get use out of their new sand buckets and shovels. It's April and we're building sandcastles, can you believe it?
Not to jinx anything just yet but have you seen the forecast for Sunday (Keira's party day?) Let's all say some prayers to Mother Nature (pretty please!)
I am going to head out for the day, but enjoy this post from last year!

1 comment:

Amiee said...

Wishing you lots of sunshine for Kiera's special day!! I can't wait to see pictures.

I also have a little something for your princess...we must get together ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com