Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Mom,
It is funny how much you suddenly learn when you become a mother. Your childhood is put into a whole new perspective. Mom you are truly amazing. You guided me in a selfless, always encouraging, loving, supportive way. What more can a child ask for? And I know with me, and all of my phases, and my dramatic nature, that could not have always have been easy. Yet you never complained. You were at every game, every performance, and never seemed bored or bothered by giving up your own free time for that. You always saw the best in me, and made sure to point it out.
You were fun to grow up with. When I sing songs in the car with my kids, I always think of you. I think I love doing certain things with my children, because I enjoyed them so much with you.
I have the most amazing memories of sitting in Boston, along the Charles listening to bands play all day. Playing at the beach in the summer, which I still have no idea how it was possible because it seemed to me like we were there every day, and building the coolest sand castles and digging the deepest holes. Even now, when Tyler is reading his books in a matter of hours, I think of my obsession with R.L. Stine's Fear Street books, and how you would take me out to buy a book, only to have me finish it a few hours later and take me right back to the store to buy another one.
Mom you have set an example in motherhood that I can go to constantly. I refer back to my own adolescence, like a parenting manual on a daily basis. Well, that is when I can't get a hold of you to ask you directly, which I do. Often.
I know I was not easy, especially as a teenager (I'm sure I will be payed back for it, and you can laugh) but I want you to know that I know that. I want you to know that you did a great job. I want you to know, I hope I can handle everything just like you.
Mom, you are my best friend. I feel honored to say that. Thank you for everything you do, and I hope you find time today to do something just for you. You deserve it. I love you so much!

1 comment:

Diet DP Loving Mom said...

You do have a great mom. She was pretty much my second mom growing up. She's a great woman and you are lucky to have her. Happy mothers day to her and you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com