Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dear Nate (On Your Sixth Birthday)

My Sweet Baby Nate,

I'm sure I've told you before, but that name has stuck. Sweet baby Nate. Six years ago today, I can say was the scariest and yet one of the happiest days of my life.
It was scary because of how sick you were, and how close we were to losing you. It was happy, because I got to see you and meet you for the first time, and Nate we waited so long to meet you.

I know we tell you often how special you are (and I'm not just talking about your cool two different colored eyes here, bud) because you fought so hard when you were so little. I believe more and more every day that you fought so hard to live because you have so much to teach this world. Your mind is one of a kind Nate-o. You are creative. Okay, that may be an understatement. You are wildly, fantastically, out of this universe creative. I have learned in the past six years, that your brain works on a different frequency than most people. Sometimes others may not get that, and that is okay. Be true to yourself and let that wonderful mind work its magic. This is a great gift.
You are a ball full of energy. I have no idea how you do it Nate, but you can go on and on and on and just keep on going. I love to watch you go.
This year you graduated preschool, and started kindergarten. Those are both such big milestones in your life. You have moved effortlessly through these transitions. I am filled with pride when I hear the things your teachers and classmates have to say about you. My heart swells, Nate, because they can see the same special inner glow that I can. You are thoughtful, witty, helpful, caring, smart and oh boy are you funny.
Nate, I am pretty sure you will have the best and most interesting stories for me to tell my grandchildren someday. You have kept me on my toes, but I could not ask or have wished for anything else with you.
I imagine your life will be full of adventure. I know you are going to want to soak up this world we live in and explore and experience all there is in it, and when you are done with our world, I undoubtedly know you will move on to the universe.
You can not be contained my dear, sweet, baby Nate.
I am so proud to have been given the great honor of being your mother. I love you, my six year old boy. I can not wait to see how much you will grow this next year.
I wish for you to have the very happiest birthday.
I love you so very much!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com