Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Keeping It Real

Today I am determined to tackle the overflow of life that is suffocating my house.

Here is my counter top. This is the counter top that suffers the most. See that pile of papers to the left? I need them all. They all must be dealt with/mailed/filed away. See that big ol' Verizon bag? I have that out because I must fill out rebate slips, mail them and put the boxes away and file the contract agreements. Oh that huge yellow bag? That would be the prizes and a few other things for Nate's massive birthday party this weekend. When I say massive, I mean I am hosting an army of children. It is a carnival themed party. I have outdone myself with this one folks. Under that bag, you will see just a few of the visible coupons I must sort through.
Behind that stuff, is our mail sorter (ha) with the mail I have yet to sort through. There is also my bottle of ibuprofen so my ankle doesn't swell. I need that. It needs to be accessible at all times, okay at least every 4-6 hours. There is hair stuff I put in the boys hair before school. There is a necklace that I have yet to put away. I normally take off my jewelery and put it right into my jewelery box, but it landed on this special counter because Keira was mad I had it on, she wanted to wear it, and to get her out of temper tantrum mode I just took it off. It was my great grandmothers. I wasn't about to see those beads all over my floor. I would have freaked.


Suffice it to say, this is one counter. I now have two children bringing me massive amounts of paperwork every day. I have another child who has piles of paperwork for other reasons. (Most recently it has been the piles of things from his doctor about his surgery. He is having surgery next week.
The kids toy boxes are overflowing. I need to get rid of toys. I need them to get rid of toys with me. We are never around together long enough to accomplish this. Isn't that sad? Between school and sports and homework and appointments, and parties we are not home together long enough to go through four toy boxes.
Did I mention I have a massive army of children and family and friends coming to my house Saturday? Did I mention I have 72 cupcakes to make? That I have frosting to make to go on top of said cupcakes? That I have to finish making things for the party itself? That I still have one more back to school night to go to this week? That Ty has football practice this week? That he has football practice during Nate's party (that gem was dropped on me Monday.) That Ty went through a growth spurt and outgrew his brand new pants and shoes? That I still have a broken ankle? Can you tell I am in full blown crazy mode??? How fast this post went from my "I am determined to tackle life's overflow" to me writing it all down and getting overwhelmed. I had good intentions.

I need a freaking personal assistant.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com