Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 4

I stayed in my sweatpants until 11:15 today. Said sweatpants got put on around 8:30 last night. I also did not dress Keira until the same time. Brody, who insists on stripping down and picking out clothes the instant his eyes blink open, was dressed. So were Ty and Nate, because they went to school, and I'm not that much of a neglectful mother.
In my defense, when Brody was getting dressed, I asked Keira if she wanted to get dressed too, to which she rapidly shook her head back and forth and yelled

"Noooooooooo"

So I listened to her.

Who wouldn't listen to an 18 month old who sat next to me after the kids got on the bus and watched Teen Mom, clapping when the audience clapped, and seemed as thoroughly engaged as I was.

And speaking of Teen Mom, I am really happy Maci and Kyle are back together. I also am glad Ryan was so cool about the whole situation.

And can some one puh-leeeeze tell me how it is acceptable for Amber to still have custody of poor Leah? I'm not one to feel strongly about a baby not being with her momma, but really? Come on.

So we sat in our p.j.s/sweatpants, until I knew Nate was coming home from school and I would need to venture into the world, but I feel no guilt for that. I, in fact, got a surprisingly large amount of housework done today, given that fact that I lounged all morning.

But I enjoyed it. I needed it. Keira enjoyed it too. Brody was just happy I built him a really cool track for his trains this morning.

As I mentioned, I got a lot done today, and that always makes me feel great. I also made a mean baked mac and cheese using Colby, Cheddar, and Fontina cheese. I threw in some onions and layered the top with fresh sliced tomato and cheese.

We had my nephews and brother in law's girlfriend over this afternoon/evening, and I made mummy dogs for the kids and served them up with my so-good-I-ate-two-bowls but-don't-care-because-I'll-run-it-off-tomorrow mac and cheese.

I am grateful for my time with them. I am grateful for my kids. I am grateful for extended family that are also friends (that is big.) I am grateful for comforting words and phone calls to check in. I am grateful for friends. I am grateful for family. I am grateful for sweatpants. I am especially grateful to my mom, who has gotten approximately 37 phone calls a day from me the past few weeks. Thanks mom.
Day four, I'm out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're welcome. I am grateful for those 37 phone calls.

Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com