Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 18

Well today has been tough.

I have learned some things about myself though.

I have learned that when I am extremely anxious and upset I do a few things:

I highlight my hair.

I self tan.

I scrutinize my face in the mirror, looking for any flaws, and praying to see a good little blackhead so I can clean it out.

(Go ahead and be grossed out on that last one, but there are two kind of people in this world. Those who love to pop zits and those who don't. I happen to love it.)

I guess you could say I become self absorbed when I'm stressed out and anxious.

Today, while self tanning, I had a long one sided conversation with Keira, who looked at me like I was crazy the whole time.

I figure it is never too late to talk to her about the benefits of fake tans. And she's lucky she has a mom who is a pro at it. The girl will never have to go around looking striped or spotted.

I have cried my fair share today. It hasn't been puppy dogs and rainbows. I have however had a wonderful time with my kids today. They have made me smile, when smiling was hard to do.

I guess at the end of the day, I am grateful for that.

I am also grateful for great highlights, and an autumn tan and clean pores.

Oh and my house smelling delicious. I have been stewing some home made minestrone soup all day. And that folks is what I am going to serve up right now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com