Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 40 ~ Happy Thanksgiving

Forty whole days. It seems so long, but yet it has gone by in a blink.

My dear friend Kristina called me last week telling me there was a 5k in my town on Thanksgiving. She said "we should do it!"

Kristina ran her first marathon a month or so ago.

Kristina has not been emotionally eating.

Kristina is very convincing.

"It'll be fun!" She said.

It is now Thanksgiving morning, and I am about to go out in the freezing cold and want to guess who is coming with me?

NOT KRISTINA.

humph.

(She knows I am joking, I do not really hold a grudge against her for not coming. I will be happy I did it after I can feel my fingers and toes, and have stopped shivering.)

I am thankful for so much, and when I started these numbered postings, part of what that meant for me, was to see through the hustle and bustle of my days, and look at the good, see all I am grateful for, cherish every moment.

This thanksgiving I feel more aware. More grateful.

I hope all of your thanksgivings are filled with love and gratitude.

Have a very happy Thanksgiving.

***update: I ran the 5k in just under 32 minutes!!! I didn't stop, not once, and I am SO proud of myself. I definitely wanted to throw up as soon as I finished, but the point is, I did it. I had Nathan and the kids there waiting for me at the finish line. My heart is full. I talked to Sharon, my grandpa, my aunt Tammie, my grammy B, and my uncle David the whole way.
I also realized that Jay-Z makes running effortless, for me at least, and I could have danced my way through the race when he came on my ipod. I am already looking forward to doing it again, and think the next time I'll have Ty run with me.
Thank you to my mom who sponsored my run. The proceeds from today's run went to the Wakefield Interfaith Food Pantry.

Cheers to full bellies, hearts and souls.

Today is a good day.

Happy Anniversary to Bob and Sharon.***

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com