Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 41

Ouch.

That sums up my day. God help my family because I have complained to anyone who would listen, or was silent enough for me to tell them how much I hurt.

Yeah, I am not joking.

The simple fact that I have legs that are attached to my body puts me in great physical pain.

Walking hurts. Sitting hurts. Moving hurts.

How long has it been since I've run? A month? Remind me to never think I can go a month without running and then go run a race. Seriously. You have full permission to slap me out of it if I ever talk about doing that again, or you have every right to slap my convincing friend Kristina, because she probably is the one that will put the idea in my head that I can do it.

Speaking of running again, I did love doing it, and already have two more planned in the next six weeks, however I plan on keeping up with running in the meantime.

In an effort to distract myself from my physical anguish, I decided to cook.

Today I cooked:

Two homemade pizzas. One cheese, one bacon.

Homemade sugar cookies. Royal icing to decorate the cookies with (to be done with the kids in the morning.)

Chicken nuggets.

And for my masterpiece, that took me two whole hours, homemade whole wheat butternut squash ravioli (with the leftover Thanksgiving squash and I added some sage, parmesan cheese, and garlic.) I have never made homemade ravioli before. It was quite the project. I got really tired (mainly because I did all this cooking at once) and only ended up using a quarter of the pasta dough and squash filling. I froze both for sometime this week when I can tackle the project again.

Oh and I watched Beauty and the Beast with the kids this morning. Keira sang along the whole time, and the boys willingly watched it. We watched Snow White as a family last night too. I feel pretty psyched about the Disney Princess stuff going on in our house at the moment.

Good day, day 41. Good day.

Now I'm off to convince Nathan or one of my boys that they should show me how thankful they are for me by giving me a really nice massage.

1 comment:

Deer Drifter said...

Ravioli sounds amazing! Good job! I have been wanting to see beauty and the beast so much lately. Glad you did! Happy Holidays Nicole!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com