Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 68 (cont.) and 69

Oh Christmas!  You were wonderful and fun and filled with joy, and of course this year we felt a big hole without Sharon here.

This year on Christmas Eve, Ty went with my mom to celebrate Christmas (because he left on Christmas night to spend the week with his dad, Nana, Papi, and cousin Skye.)
We watched A Christmas Carol, and left Santa a nice letter and pictures, some cookies, milk, and celery for the reindeer.
Nate asked me to make sure I woke him up in the middle of the night because he was so excited.

Christmas morning was so much fun, and this being Ty's first year of "knowing the truth", he was so awesome with the kids, feeding into the magic like an old pro.  
Once the gifts were all opened we quickly jumped into the massive project of taking all boxed toys out of their little packages, and untwist those ridiculous twisty ties.  We let the kids keep out a toy each, but I am happy to report that an hour after opening gifts, all was put away.
I then jumped in the shower and began cooking.
For Christmas day we had Nathan's father and brother over for a late lunch/early dinner.  I made Filet Au Poivre with Burgundy Mushrooms, mashed potatoes, stuffing, some crusty bread (to dip in the mushroom sauce), salad, and steamed broccoli, and for dessert, a "Christmas cake" (red velvet cake with green cream cheese frosting.)
It was yummy (or so I heard on the steak part, but the sauce for the steak was nothing short of amazing.)
We opened gifts and watched the basketball game and just enjoyed the company.  It was really nice.
The day after Christmas we were expecting a massive snow storm, so my mom moved up her dinner in hopes that no one would get stuck in the snow.
I did some last minute grocery shopping (and paid for it by standing in line for 40 minutes with three children that did not want to be out grocery shopping at 8am.)
I made my perfected baked mac and cheese, and gathered up gifts and got everyone ready to head over.
We had lots of fun over my mom's, and ate great food.  We left just as the storm was beginning and the wind was picking up.

And then, we relaxed.  We played the Kinect (Nathan's new toy for Christmas) and laughed and then I got sick.  I know, awesome right?  I felt like if I moved or breathed I would simultaneously throw up my intestines and my head would explode.

And that was how I ended my day after Christmas





























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com