Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 93

Redemption.

After my bad eating day I want to share that I do, in fact, know how to properly prepare food and eat without devouring approximately 3,894 calories in one sitting.

 So readers, meet my new favorite.  It was in Rachel Ray's mag this month.  But I changed it a tad.  Basically, it is whole wheat pasta, with a homemade (parsley, pine nut, lemon, olive oil) pesto sauce and grape tomatoes (that were halved, and drizzled with olive oil, s and p and baked)  Everything was tossed together and I added some freshly grated romano cheese on top.

Y-U-M!!!
 We also made a trip to my mom's work, (Brody, Keira and I), which the kids love.  My mom takes them to the vending machine and lets them pick out a snack, they play at her desk, and they get super excited to see their pictures pop up as a screen saver.  It's the little things folks.

Brody in my mom's glasses
Keira in my mom's glasses
Who said child labor couldn't look cute?!?!

In other news, my body hates me for adding 15 minutes onto my normal running time (I am trying to build endurance) and I wish I could make you feel all the new muscles I have discovered in my body.  I didn't lift a weight, not one, and yet my body feels like it just went through a final workout with Bob or Jillian.  (Biggest Loser reference.  I don't even watch the show anymore, but I feel those contestant's pain.  Ouch.)

I had a thought today that maybe, just maybe, if I keep at this I will be able to work my stomach back to a desirable form eventually.  And by desirable form, I mean I won't have to constantly be aware of holding my stomach muscles together and tight so I don't walk around looking 6 months pregnant all the time.

I wish I was joking about that.

You're looking at me differently now, aren't you?

Shoot.  I blew my perfect, super mom cover. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com