Sunday, January 23, 2011

Days 94 and 95 and 96

When I am not on top of posting each and every day, things build.  Days mesh together.  Life blends in a way I can't describe and certain moments bubble to the surface in a way that suffocates the rest  to the point where I can only remember those bubbles.

Thursday, day 94, is a complete memory loss, with one exception.  Brody had his speech therapy, which I am not very happy to report is a struggle for him.  It is only a half hour, but he is having a very hard time, and his teacher is meeting with the head of the department to talk about what we can do to help him out some more.
This is not to say Brody has not made tremendous progress in a year.  A little over a year ago he was not speaking at all.  I worry about Brody, and mostly his self confidence.  I want the world for him, so it hurts so very much when I can't just fix something like this.  It hurts to think he has to work so hard to do something so basic as speak and more importantly be heard and understood.

Friday, Day 95, we had another snow storm, another no school day, which to be honest, is feeling very routine.  Although I am a creative cat, all these days are taking a toll on my bag full of tricks.
So, as is par these days, I woke up and cooked.  I did have some pretty cute help though.

Brody and Keira helped me whip up some banana and blueberry pancakes.
Then all those pancakes got cut into cute little hearts, and topped with whipped cream.
It made all this more bearable.  Because Nathan had to work, I shoveled, and man was it a workout.
I came back in after shoveling to Keira in full on relax mode.  I was jealous.  And I have no idea which of her brothers gave her a whole bag of peanut brittle, or where they even found peanut brittle, because I had no idea we had it.


Friday ended horribly.  Because Nathan's car was without snow, and was warm, I took him car to the gym.  I should have skipped it because I was already sore from shoveling.  Nathan just so happened to give me a bunch of money to do a much needed household items trip after the gym.  I never bring my jacket and wallet with me on normal gym trips, but I knew I was going to the store after, so I did.
My jacket was left folded up on the floor of his car, my Coach clutch/wallet in the pocket, not visible (neither was my jacket for that matter) and I parked as close as I could to the door, four cars in, right under a light.  A little less than an hour later, I came out, got in the car only to look over and see glass everywhere.  Someone had smashed the passenger window and taking my jacket.  
Now I know, it was a bad choice to leave my jacket and wallet there.  Gosh do I know that.  It sent us back weeks with money, seeing as how I no longer have a winter jacket, Nathan has no window, we lost all that money, I have to replace a gazillion cards.  It just plain and simple sucks.  It was a terrible way to end the day.

Saturday, Day 96 we woke up bright and early so I could take Ty to an audition.  My mom watched the rest of the kids, and once we were done we spent some more time with my mom.  I came home and was quickly trying to get things ready to take Keira to a Princess Dance party.  Right before I left I got a phone call from my library, telling me a pizza place a few towns over found my wallet outside in the snow.  Seriously, what are the chances?  Thankfully my wallet and the party were in the same town, so I picked it up on my way.  It was gross, soaking wet and missing my money and debit/credit cards, and a couple of gift cards, along with a few really random things, but it had all of our health cards, all of our museum passes, my license, and the kids pictures, so yay for that!  I am still sad about my jacket.  It is hard not to have attachments to material things.  This was a Diesel jacket that I had for about eleven or twelve years.  It was bought when I was a little fashionista.  Pre-children.  It was bought when I lived in the world of Copley, The Pru, and Newbury St in Boston, when I worked at French Connection and my wardrobe was filled with expensive designer things.
I will never again afford a $350 jacket.  Not anytime soon at least, so it is sad for me to let that go.  I know how completely materialistic this all sounds, but please, let me just have my time to grieve. 

The party was a blast.  Keira was nothing short of hesitant when we first got there, but warmed up, joined in some games and ended up loving it.  I can not explain how amazing it is to go to a girly party with my own girl now.  It is magical. 

We finished up the day baking M&M cookies and watching Labrynth.  I have watched this movie, one of my childhood favorites, many times with the kids before, but it never held their interest much... until last night.  They LOVED it!  Brody had moments of being a little scared, but wanted to watch it again as soon as it was over.  Keira was so concerned about the baby the whole time, and kept saying "uh-oh, where's the baby?", or "oh-ohhhhhhhhh BABY!"  The older boys soaked it up, and got most of the jokes this time around.  Nothing could make me happier!  I look forward to many more Labrynth nights with them.

Three days.  Those were the bubbles that stayed on the surface.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com