Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 130 ~ Recovery

I have talked about the importance of adult, friend time once you have children, or at any time in your life.  There is something grounding about spending a few hours without worries.  Talking about a funny memory, something that makes you sad and cry, and planning for the future all in the course of a few moments that is just home-like.

Friendship is something that has boundless value.

Fast forward through my Saturday (which was very quiet, because Brody was with my mom for his special day, which meant food wasn't constantly out, toys weren't thrown all over the place, and the temper tantrums were almost forgotten.  But man, did I miss all of that after about an hour of silence.) to having Keira help me pick out my dress, and put on my make-up.  If you are wondering, she picked a coral dress over a floral one, and she insisted she needed to put on mascara too, so I let her, cringing when it came a little close to her eye that I would have liked.  She helped me do my hair, pick out jewelry, and I let her pick out a necklace to wear too.

I want Keira to know the importance of girlfriends in her life.  I want her to have fun getting ready to go out for a girls night.  I promised her I would help her get ready when it would eventually be her turn to go out with her friends, if she would let me.  I then made her promise to let me.

I tucked her into bed a little while later and stayed with her until she fell asleep.

Then, I kissed my boys and headed out for the night.

Kerrie and I went to City Bar, where our friend Kristina is a bartender.  It was rejuvenating and it was almost like a recovery session, after school vacation week and the end of my day yesterday.  It was exactly what I needed.

When we left the bar, sometime after midnight, snow was falling.  We dashed around searching for a cab.  We laughed with our driver, where we proclaimed we were by far his best cab ride of the night.  Thanks Johnnie from Egypt.  It was so fitting to have you for our driver, another fun story to laugh about for years to come. 
Kerrie convinced me to stop at Falafel Palace, where she quickly ordered more food than there was people, telling me she got stuff for Nathan and Arjun (her boyfriend).  Twenty minutes and lots of laughs later, we had our bag of middle eastern food, and headed back to hail a taxi.  That part should have been easy, but the snow was falling hard, and it was not much earlier than two in the morning.  We finally found one though and home we went, vowing that we would do this far more often.

And you know, despite Keira waking up right at 6 in the morning, and only getting about three hours of sleep, it was SO worth it.



 My favorite bartender, Kristina.
 Kerrie with her lovely hand gestures while waiting for a cab after the bar.
Me, pouting while waiting forever for a cab after getting falafels.  It was really raining/snowing hard then.

Six am wake up calls are not fun.  Notice my make-up is still on from the night before.  I am not good at taking off my make-up before bed.  Maybe turning thirty will change that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com