Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 140

First, who (no cheating) can name what movie this song is from?

Seriously, DO NOT CHEAT.

It makes me want to do my best riverdancing impressions.  And hop and dance around my kitchen.

I recently forced Nathan to suffer through me watching aka saying every line from the movie.  He is not a fan of me doing this.  But if I have to watch 3:10 to Yuma (which I used to like until Nathan seemingly only watches that now, and is miraculously is on any time he takes control of the t.v.) then he can deal with me reciting every line from this movie, or any other one I care to as well.

It's not like I force him to go to the movies with me and Kerrie.

Believe it or not, this is a punishment, because as I said before, we don't shut up... ever.  It's like we immediately revert back to being 13 years old, and we just convinced our parents to waste money on Bop or Teen Beat magazine, so we know all the latest gossip on anyone and everyone.

Are you still with me?

I overdid it yesterday, and paid for it last night, when I became horribly tired.  That continued into today, but I refused to let it take over my life.  I snuggled with the kids in the morning, and then once Nate and Ty were in school, I took a nice walk with Brody and Keira.  I even dared to go without a stroller, (it must be due to my sick brain that I decided to do that.) but they were cooperative, well behaved, and didn't complain at all.  I think their older brothers whine more.  It must be that Brody and Keira were just grateful I was off the couch and actively interacting with them.

Funny little story; while wiping Brody's butt the other day, he gently rubbed my leg and said "Your legs are beautiful mama."  It was such a sweet moment, and he was being so genuine and loving.  Too bad he was bent over and I was wiping smelly poop from his butt.  It made me laugh, and smile.

Here's another random tid bit for you.  I stink at some basic girl things.  I love fashion.  Heck, I used to work in the center of Boston's fashion world pre-kiddos.  I had mostly designer clothes, and my mom will gladly remind me of my former disgust with the store I now could not live without, Marshalls.
But today, I was suddenly slapped in the face with my disgusting, falling apart, hand me down purse.
I generally do not buy pocket books.  My last few have been barely used hand me downs.
What kind of woman am I that I would even walk around with suck a tattered, old, falling apart thing?
Well, I decided that an evening clutch looked much better than this purse, and I rummaged through the cookie and cracker crumbs, broken crayons, random lip glosses, and a diaper that is a size too small now, decided there was nothing of use in it, and tossed it.
Evening clutch it is for now.

The floor of my car very closely resembled the bottom of my purse until yesterday, when I pulled over a trash barrel and cleaned it.  I even vacuumed it out.  No longer will I rush the kids out of the car for fear that a juice box, ten match cars, two dolls, and a sippy cup with old milk will fall out while I am talking to another mother at their school.

Because that would be embarrassing, and has never ever happened before.

Pffffshhhhhh.

The vacuum may or may not still be in my car.

At least it is clean though, right?

I swear I will change my dirty car and disgusting old purse habit before I am thirty.


Brody snuggling with me.  I love snuggling.

The new skirt I made for Keira.  I am in love with it and it took me a half hour to make. 

1 comment:

leah martel said...

titanic?? when she's doing that weird toe thing at the party??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com