Friday, March 11, 2011

Days 141, 142, and 143

Escape.

We are craving it.  The pent up winter energy is creeping out of our pores.

Don't get me wrong.  I actually enjoy the winter.  There is something very satisfying about the change of seasons, and getting to see everything "sleep" for the winter, to grow back in beautiful colors in the spring/summer.  It makes me appreciate each season.  I just wish sometimes, winter was only a month or so long.  Because snow is pretty and all, and finding inside activities can be a nice break, and well, hot chocolate and snuggling under the blankets is amazing, BUT I need warm air more.  I need beach trips and dirty feet from running around outside barefoot.  I need the smell of fresh cut grass, and walks to the park, or anywhere.  I need less t.v. distractions, and more good books being read while sipping lemonade and dipping my feet in the kiddie pool.

So am I totally excited that I saw two days in the sixties predicted for next week?  Yes.

I have a strong feeling, maybe more of an internal instinct that the hibernation period is coming to a close.

I even saw the green sprouts of my gorgeous tulips peeking out of the ground.

This year Nathan and I have talked a lot about our garden.  We have always wanted a nice garden, one constantly blooming.  We have tried, but not wholeheartedly.  Gardening was one of the things Sharon did so well, and loved so much.  She was known for her amazing gardens throughout her already beautiful property.  Because of all of this, Nathan and I have decided to jump in and go all out for the garden this year.  We are already planning and getting excited about the possibilities.

We have spent the past few days taking it somewhat easy.  I am still, of course, recovering.  We have made little trips to places like the library and craft store.

We have been painting a lot lately, which has come about out of the necessity for finding something we haven't done yet this winter, and therefore will keep everyone from getting cabin fever.

We have been opening the windows and venturing outside when we can.

I am entering a surge of auditions, and am excited about the possibilities and opportunities that they hold for me, and for my family.

Everything feels full and new and very much on the verge, with life in general right now.

It is a good place to be.

It is an even better place to be to see that, and feel that.  There is a larger gratitude for the moment, when you are aware that the winter is closing and life is kicking into bloom right in front of you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com