Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 144

Last night Nathan and I hung out with the kids, got them into bed, and settled down with a glass of wine, ready to relax for the night.

At about 9pm, my phone alerted me to a new email.  Out of what Nathan would call a very annoying habit, I picked it up to see it was from my agency.  Earlier in the day (after my audition, which was hilarious, and if you are friends with me on facebook, you have read my posts about having to wear a figure skating costume that was made for me back in 8th grade), and immediately after getting a call about three more auditions for Monday, I got an email from the owner of my agency about submitting my info to a client for a music video shoot this weekend.  I told her that was fine, and I was available.  I didn't think much about it, because frankly, I get these emails often, and once submitted, things go to the client who goes through what is called the "pick list" (a whole bunch of photos and resumes the agency hands them) and decides who they want.

That 9pm email?  It was telling me the client chose me, and I booked the job!

This is amazing for the following reasons:

  • I booked a job.
  • I will be getting a paycheck.
  • I have not booked a job since The Game Plan.
  • My new year's resolution was to throw myself in full force, into the acting business again.
  • I have been going on so many auditions, etc and have booked a job after THREE months of making that resolution.
  • If you think three months is a long time, it is not, it is relatively fast.
  • I get to wear pretty clothes.
  • I get paid.
  • Did I mention I will get a paycheck?
  • I BOOKED A FREAKING JOB.


This is me.  Happy. 

Okay and a little smug.


I film Sunday night, and I couldn't be more excited.

And to those who have texted/called/sent facebook messages, and have supported me and been super encouraging and by my side, I say thank you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com