Saturday, March 19, 2011

Days 149, 150, and 151

Mother Nature has been so very good to us.  We needed this rejuvenation of sun and warmth.  There is a freedom in not wearing a bunch of layers, and not having that big, puffy, winter jacket on.

Not that I ever wear a big, puffy, winter jacket.

But my kids do, and I am usually zipping them up.

We have been trying out a lot of great new recipes.  We have rediscovered daily walks, and our swingset, and ride-on toys.

We had lunch out on the picnic table.

It has been glorious.

The kids and I are even sporting some color on our faces.  Keira however has surpassed us all and has a full on dark tan.  Go figure.

I felt like an inept mother on Thursday, as I saw every mother I am friends with on facebook post pictures of their kids in green.

Not one of my children wore green this year.  Not-a-one.

But that's okay.  They weren't scarred for life.  I doubt they'll tell their therapist some day that all of their problems stemmed from that one year their mom forgot to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

Who knows, maybe my lack of emphasis on the holiday will save my kids from putting too much into March 17th in the future and they won't feel the need to go binge drinking.  I'll go with that.

A friend of mine put it best by saying "Happy everyone is drunk and Irish Day, not to be confused with Happy everyone is drunk and Mexican day."

Here are some photos from the past few days.  The boys have been having major basketball games, and have forbidden me from taking pictures, or refused to stay still long enough for me to snap any.

Good thing Keira's cute.

 I think I love this so much because she is enjoying the feel of the sun on her face.
 The art of the "kiss" face.
 Nothing better than babies falling asleep on long walks.
 Bubbles.  Hours of entertainment.
Nate lost BOTH of his front teeth on St. Patrick's Day.  He now looks sort of funny, but more grown up, and has a funny little lisp.  Also now he is super dramatic about what he can and can not eat. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com