Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Days 166, 167, and 168 ~ Weekend Wrap Up

I am coming to grips with the fact that weekend will more than likely never be calm, or what I perceive to be relaxing for a very long time.  That is not to say they can't be fun.

Saturday we got a lot done.  Nathan prompted me to finally tackle my car and we took all of the seats out and vacuumed and washed and scrubbed.  It was long overdue.  I was hesitant to tackle the project.  Okay, I felt like my kids when they are told they have to do a chore they don't want to do.  Eventually I caved and just did it though, and of course I am very happy that I did.

We have been doing lots of purging and tidying, and that is always good for my mental health.

It is sad to donate baby items, things that were so loved and well used by my children, but there is also a sense of moving on.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, baby stuff just takes up so much room!!!

Sunday we celebrated my mom's birthday.  I had fun making her a cake I was dying to make for a while.

As I touched upon in my last post, I have been at war, internally with jumping back into the workforce, and being available for my children at all times.  It is an emotional time for me.  It may sound silly, but it is difficult for me to process.  My constantly building anxiety issues don;t help, and unfortunately I don't think anti-anxiety meds will be beneficial as an actor, so that is not an option.

I was offered a management position for the Ghost tour company, which is something I feel like I can't really give up.  A second income in a family of six, is huge to say the least.  I think what it comes down to is I need to try it out, and if it is too overwhelming, or isn't financially worth the time away from the kids, then I have Nathan's support and backing to step away from it.

I feel like that is fair.  This may be good for my (again ever growing) perfectionist, my way is the right way train of thought.  I know Nathan will totally make it work and do great alone with the kids, running from practice to practice, doing homework, getting dinner together, baths, bedtime routines etc.  Although his way will definitely be different than my way, different isn't bad.  Those few nights a week I get to do those things will mean even more than they do now, to me.

Again, I am fully aware that these irrational fears about doing this are just that, totally irrational.  I know it will be so good for me to get out and to have fun at my job, and to do something I love, acting.

And on that note...

This weekend Nathan and Keira went on a special little date.  They came back with the movie Tangled.  We have watched it approximately 5,792 times since Sunday night.  This is probably because it is a princess movie and it has a horse in it, and singing.  Basically that is Keira's idea of heaven.

Weekend Wrap Up Photos:


 Keira not blinking or moving while watching Tangled for the first time.
 Take one, photo with mom and Ty on mom's bday.
 Take two, birthday photo with mom and Ty
Possibly my favorite of Keira playing music for us.

I wish you could have seen her outfit she chose for the day in full force.  She had her nice necklace from Italy, a flowered dress, those leg warmer, a white fur coat, a pink purse, her ballet shoes and her hair in two french braids like Rapunzel.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com